Instagib is a server setting that completely changes the gameplay. Instagib stands for One shot one kill. It can be enabled by typing g_instagib 1 into the console.
- If Instagib is enabled, then all players get their weapons removed and replaced by Instagun with infinite ammo.
- Each hit results in instant death.
- Health and Armor don't matter in Instagib.
- Game type rules are identical
- Players always start with 100 HP and 0 AP
Instashield is a special shield that can only be enabled in Instagib mode either by voting or by typing g_instashield 1 into the console.
If Instashield is fully charged, a player can crouch to activate it. Instashield makes a player invulnerable for 2 seconds, after which the Instashield has to recharge before a player can use it again. Instashield can only be used if it's fully charged. Instashield takes 5 seconds to recharge.
Instajump lets players jump by shooting under themselves. It won't hurt them because Instagun doesn't deal splash damage. It can be enabled either by voting or by typing g_instajump 1 into the console.
Players mostly use Instajump to gain speed quickly. Some community-made maps feature special jump ramps that let players gain insanely high speed by shooting a wall at a right time.
Tips and notes
- It's best to keep moving at all times. Stationary players are easy to kill.
- The Instagun's logo in the bottom right (Default HUD) shows the charge level of the Instagun: .